The Frank Harris Outstanding Student Government Advisor Award honors the first Chair of the NACA® Board of Directors. Frank Harris, who served as Chair from 1968-1969, advised student government associations throughout his professional tenure until his retirement in 1997. This annual award recognizes individuals who have the commitment to challenge and advise student government.
ELIGIBILITY Professional staff school member.
The nominee must be employed by a current NACA® member institution and currently serve as an advisor to student government (for at least nine months).
Any NACA® student or staff member may submit nominations.
CRITERIA The Awards Committee will select, by majority vote, one individual who:
- is recognized as someone who has worked closely with student governments
- displays genuine support and regard for students and their issues
- is viewed by colleagues as an educator
- has had an extraordinary impact on students’ lives and has earned their respect.
To nominate an individual, please complete the online award form and include the following as attachments:
- letter of nomination from the student government association of the nominee's school
- letter of nomination from a former student of the nominee
- letter of nomination from a fellow staff member
Past Winners of the Frank Harris Outstanding Student Government Advisor Award
- 2021 - Anne Michelle Harper Kowalczyk
- 2020 - Shana Meyer
- 2019 - Jaime Ingrisano
- 2018 - Megan Habermann
- 2017 - Amy Mynaugh
- 2016 - Keegan Nichols
- 2015 - Regina Young Hyatt
- 2014 - Gregory Clement
- 2013 - Berri Cross
- 2012 - Daniel Ashlock
- 2011 - Colleen Barker-Williamson
- 2010 - Khushnur Dadabhoy
- 2009 - Sean Adams
- 2008 - Marilyn Prime
- 2006 - James Griesen
- 2004 - Morolake Laosebikan-Buggs
- 2001 - Ahmed Samaha
- 1999 - Elizabeth Page
Nomination Deadline: October 15
Frank Harris Award Nomination Form