The Frank Harris Outstanding Student Government Advisor Award honors the first Chair of the NACA® Board of Directors. Frank Harris, who served as Chair from 1968-1969, advised student government associations throughout his professional tenure until his retirement in 1997. This annual award recognizes individuals who have the commitment to challenge and advise student government.
ELIGIBILITY Professional staff school member.
The nominee must be employed by a current NACA® member institution and currently serve as an advisor to student government (for at least nine months).
Any NACA® student or staff member may submit nominations.
CRITERIA The Awards Committee will select, by majority vote, one individual who:
- is recognized as someone who has worked closely with student governments
- displays genuine support and regard for students and their issues
- is viewed by colleagues as an educator
- has had an extraordinary impact on students’ lives and has earned their respect.
To nominate an individual, please complete the online award form and include the following as attachments:
- letter of nomination from the student government association of the nominee's school
- letter of nomination from a former student of the nominee
- letter of nomination from a fellow staff member
Recent Winners of the Frank Harris Outstanding Student Government Advisor Award
– Megan Habermann, Western Oregon University
– Amy Mynaugh, DePaul University (IL)
- 2016 – Dr. Keegan Nichols, Fort Hays State University (KS)
- 2015 – Dr. Regina Young Hyatt, The University of Alabama in Huntsville
- 2014 – Gregory Clement, Mount Wachusett Community College (MA)
- 2013 – Berri Cross, Guilford Technical Community College (NC)
- 2012 – Dan Ashlock, Arizona State University (AZ)
- 2011 – Colleen Williamson, Case Western Reserve University (OH)
- 2010 – Zav Dadabhoy, Colorado State University-Pueblo (CO)
Submission Deadline: November 1
Frank Harris Award Nomination Form