Upcoming Special Issue
About the Special Issue
With the growth of online learners at institutions as well as opportunities to interact with peers in a virtual setting, our 2024 Special Issue’s focus is Engaging Online Students and Engaging Students Online. As the ways students learn and develop are mediated by online experiences, this JCAPS special issue will surface best practices, unique perspectives, current research, and innovative perspectives on campus activities.
We are currently seeking articles exploring how to engage online learners in campus activities and on-campus students in online experiences. Potential topics may include:
- Building relationships with online campus staff/educators
- Creating belonging with online students
- Introducing online students to campus activities
- Using social media to connect students to opportunities
- Online student as an identity
- Staffing structures to facilitate connections with online students
Contributing to the Special Issue
We are accepting submissions for our four sections: Empirical Research, Scholarship-to-Practice Brief, Media/Source Review, and Focus on Emerging Scholars. If you are interested in submitting an article to the Special Issue, please visit our Instructions for Authors.
The deadline for submission is May 1, 2024, with an intended publication date of Fall 2024.
If you have questions, you may contact Dr. Tricia S. Nolfi.