A transitional membership is available to professional staff who are no longer associated with a member school due to an employment status change.
- An employment status change includes but is not limited to termination, voluntary separation, and furlough.
- Professional staff interested in transitional membership must contact the NACA Office within two weeks of an employment status change.
- Membership under this category is granted upon application review by the NACA Office and payment of $95 non-refundable dues.
- Current volunteers who are seeking to continue their volunteer role may be eligible to apply for a transitional membership. Transitional membership is intended to assist current volunteers to carry-out their volunteer responsibilities.
- Transitional membership is limited to no longer than six months and terminates upon employment. Transitional members must contact the NACA Office within two weeks of an employment status change. Should a transitional member take employment at a non-member institution, they will no longer be able to continue their volunteer role.
- Transitional members are not eligible to submit applications for new volunteer roles.