The Founders Award is the Association’s highest honor, given to those individuals who, during the years, have given their time and talents in such a way as to contribute significantly to NACA. They have exemplified the standards of professional integrity and conduct, have achieved stature in their profession or academic pursuits, hold the esteem of colleagues and peers, and have worked to further the field of campus activities programming.
ELIGIBILITY: Nominees can be staff from member schools and associate members or individuals who were at an associate firm prior to retirement.
Nominees remain on a list for consideration for up to three years if they are not selected initially, and may be resubmitted at any time.
CRITERIA: Only members of the Association or someone who was a member prior to retirement may be nominated. A person who is a current Board of Director’s member is not eligible for consideration for the Founders Award. Names of individuals to be considered may be submitted in writing by any member of NACA at any time.
To nominate an individual, please complete the nomination form and include the following as attachments:
- a letter of nomination listing the nominee’s activities with NACA, other leadership positions and contributions in their professional or academic life
- Three letters of recommendation should accompany the nomination
Recent Winners of the Founders Award
- 2018 - Dr. Adam Peck, Stephen F. Austin State University (TX)
- 2017 - Thomas Faessel, University of Akron
- 2015 - Dr. Gayle Spencer – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Dr. Cindy Kane – Bridgewater State University (MA)
- 2014 – Michelle Delaney, Eastern Connecticut State University
- 2012 – Boyd Jones, Winthrop University (SC)
- 2011 – Michael Miller, Fun Enterprises (MA)
- 2010 – Greg Diekroeger, University of Wisconsin-Steven’s Point
- 2009 – Billye Potts, Association for Student Conduct Administration (TX)
- 2008 – Steve Westbrook, Stephen F. Austin State University (TX)
Submission Deadline: Dec. 2
Award Nomination Form