The Outstanding Diversity Achievement Award-Program was established to recognize programs at NACA® member institutions that positively contribute to the development of a diverse culture on campus.
ELIGIBILITY Program must be offered at a current NACA® member school.
CRITERIA The Awards Committee will select, by majority vote, up to three programs that would demonstrate at least two of the following diversity goals:
- Fosters meaningful relationships between diverse student populations
- Challenges stereotypical perceptions of diverse populations
- Helps students learn to communicate effectively with people of varied backgrounds
- Generates awareness and appreciation of diverse cultures
Additionally, the program must meet the following criteria:
- Occurred from Oct. 14, 2014-Oct. 13, 2015
- Must have had an impact on enhancing the understanding of diversity awareness among the general campus community
- Demonstrated originality and innovation in approach
- Executed effectively with set evaluation procedures in place
To nominate a program, please complete the nomination form and attach a general description of the program highlighting the criteria outlined above.
Recent Winners of the Outstanding Diversity Achievement Award-Program
- 2017 - "Pride Kamp", College of Staten Island
- 2016 – Cultural Conversation Series, University of New Orleans (LA)
- 2015 – World Ready Curriculum, Fort Hays State University (KS)
- 2014 – Thursdays in the D; Wayne State University (MI)
- 2013 – One World, Many Differences; College of Staten Island (NY)
- 2012 – Embrace Diversity Chalk Mural Competition; Eastern Illinois University
- 2011 – Day of Solidarity; Xavier University (OH)
- 2011 – Women of Color HERstory Celebration; Chatham University (PA)
- 2011 – UK Homecoming Coalition; University of Kentucky