The Outstanding Diversity Achievement Award-Program was established to recognize programs at NACA® member institutions that positively contribute to the development of a diverse culture on campus.
ELIGIBILITY: Program must be offered at a current NACA® member school.
CRITERIA: The NACA Awards Committee will select, by majority vote, up to three recipients annually. Criteria will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Program must have been in place for a minimum of one year.
- Program must have a demonstrated impact on enhancing the understanding of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility among of the general campus community.
- Program must demonstrate originality and innovation.
- Program must exhibit effective implementation and evaluation procedures.
In addition to the nomination form, a general description of the program highlighting the criteria outlined above must be submitted. Nomination materials should demonstrate that the program accomplishes at least two of the following additional criteria:
- Fosters meaningful relationships between diverse student groups
- Challenges stereotypical perceptions of diverse populations
- Helps students learn to communicate effectively with people of varied backgrounds
- Generates awareness and appreciation of diverse cultures
Nomination Deadline: November 1
Recent Winners of the Outstanding Diversity Achievement Award-Program
- 2023 - FERIA: Latinx Heritage Month Kickoff & Lowrider Car Show, DePaul University (IL)
- 2021 - The Diversity Advocate Certification, Augustana University (SD)
- 2020 - iLead, Baker University (KS)
- 2020 - Burgburst, Gettysburg College (PA)
- 2020 - LatinX Voices Panel, Albertus Magnus College (CT)
- 2019 - Learning to Be Chloe Again: A Survivor's Story, Missouri Western State University
- 2019 - INTERSECT Social Justice Retreat, Appalachian State University (NC)
- 2019 - Festival Latino, University of Central Florida
- 2018 - "Holi Moli", University of North Carolina-Charlotte
- 2017 - "Pride Kamp", College of Staten Island
- 2016 – Cultural Conversation Series, University of New Orleans (LA)
- 2015 – World Ready Curriculum, Fort Hays State University (KS)
- 2014 – Thursdays in the D; Wayne State University (MI)
- 2013 – One World, Many Differences; College of Staten Island (NY)
- 2012 – Embrace Diversity Chalk Mural Competition; Eastern Illinois University
- 2011 – Day of Solidarity; Xavier University (OH)
- 2011 – Women of Color HERstory Celebration; Chatham University (PA)
- 2011 – UK Homecoming Coalition; University of Kentucky