June 8-11, 2017
Eureka College (IL)
Audience: Students and Advisors
NACA® Programming Basics Institute is geared toward NEW college student programmers who have little or no experience coordinating campus programs and events; not recommended for repeat institute attendees. This hands-on, interactive Institute offers new programmers the opportunity to develop and enhance essential skills necessary to produce campus programs.
Through large group sessions, cluster discussions and hands-on practice, participants will:
- Develop basic programming skills in an experiential format via creating, promoting, implementing and evaluating events during the Institute;
- Develop a network of peers to call upon for ideas, resources and problem solving;
- Learn ways to publicize and promote campus events to specific audiences;
- Improve leadership skills in areas such as delegation, meeting facilitation and effective communication;
- Enhance their understanding of contracting and negotiation.
Advisors attending will have the opportunity to network with each other, attend large group discussions, participate in events, facilitate large group sessions, and serve as mentors during the event-planning stage.
*You must be 18 years old or older to participate
Early Registration Fees and Deadlines:
$539 for NACA® Member until May 1
$679 for Non Member until May 1
Regular Registration Fees and Deadlines:
$629 for NACA® Member after May 1
$789 for Non Member after May 1
Commuter Registration Fee (No On-Campus Housing Required): $449
Delegate Housing Extra Night (June 7 only): $18
Final Registration Deadline: May 15
For more information on this institute, please contact: