NACA's Leadership Fellows Program seeks to provide leadership development and related opportunities to new professional members from underrepresented populations (including but not limited to: ability, age, sexual orientation, religion, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, sex, gender, etc.) within the NACA membership. Additionally, the program is designed to help these individuals become familiar with NACA governance, programs and professional development opportunities.
Seven Fellows are selected each June and each Fellow is paired with a mentor. The Fellows’ responsibilities include attending NACA® Live and one regional conference; presenting at least one educational session at each event; writing an article for Campus Activities Programming® magazine or a proposal to the Journal for Campus Activities Practice and Scholarship (JCAPS); participating in regular conference calls with the Leadership Fellows Coordinator, mentors, and other Fellows; and supporting conference planning initiatives for NACA® Live and their regional conference.
The Leadership Fellows Coordinator position is a two-year term, and Fellows and Mentors serve for 18 months.
As a result of participating in the program, Leadership Fellows will be able to:
- Demonstrate a greater awareness of opportunities and resources that can broaden their professional association experience within NACA;
- Identify strategies to strengthen relationships and create a network within the Association and the field with peers from underrepresented populations;
- Demonstrate enhanced competence in professional skills such as leadership, critical thinking, writing, presenting, collaboration, etc.; and
- Articulate available career paths within the campus activities field.
Learn more about each position in the Volunteer Portal in NACA Connect.
- Leadership Fellow - program participant
- Mentor - experienced professional assigned to mentor a Leadership Fellow
- Coordinator - oversees the Leadership Fellows Program
Applications for these positions will be open during the following times:
Leadership Fellow: April 1-May 1
Leadership Fellows Mentor: May 1-June 1
Are you interested in learning more about the program? Or, is there someone you would like to recommend who you believe is a great fit for the program? Let us know by completing the form below.
Leadership Fellows Interest/Referral Form
Questions? Contact Member Relations.
Learn More About the Leadership Fellows Program
Check out this video from a recent Leadership Fellows interest meeting to learn more about the program.