What are Institutes?
Attend a NACA Institute where you can have fun, learn valuable skills and network with both seasoned professionals and fellow students. Each summer, NACA offers in-person experiential learning opportunities for students and professionals. Institutes provide you with the skills to further excel as a leader on your campus. Through team building, effective training, and inspiring programming ideas, you will be highly motivated to build better programs on your campus.
Questions? Contact Member Relations.
2022 Dates & Locations
All participants will be required to show proof of full vaccination or recent negative COVID-19 PCR test to gain entry to in-person activities. This policy follows guidance and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as many businesses, organizations, entertainment venues, and college campuses. These protocols are for the protection of all NACA-sponsored event, conference, and institute attendees, as well as their communities as we travel to and from in-person events. For more information visit the
Vaccinating/Testing requirements website.
Note - the following
host sites currently have more stringent requirements
for which you
will have to comply to participate:
- Student Government Institute East at Rowan University (NJ)
- All attendees must be fully vaccinated AND receive a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of attending the event
- Programming Board Institute at DePaul University (IL)
- All attendees must be fully vaccinated
All participants are strongly encouraged, but not required, to wear a mask during the institute (unless required by state/local entities).
What can you expect to gain from an Institute?
STUDENTS will be able to:
- Integrate principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion on campus
- Demonstrate effective communication
- Exhibit enhanced leadership skills
- Demonstrate enhanced competence in critical thinking, problem solving and decision making
ADVISORS will be able to: