Summer Essentials is a virtual education program that focuses on various themes during the summer. Through live virtual sessions developed to improve knowledge, build connections, and engage in shared learning experiences, the series will provide campus professionals and students an opportunity to learn in a virtual environment.
Let us take the hassle out of training this summer! Summer Essentials is a virtual education package that focuses on the basics – the essentials of Programming, Student Government, and Student Organization Advising. Through an on-demand package of recorded sessions and ready-to-download resources, students and campus professionals will have the opportunity to learn in a virtual environment. The on-demand nature of the program provides flexibility for you to use the materials when it best fits your timeline and use with multiple student leaders and professional staff.
For one price, NACA members will receive access to at least 12 recorded sessions. Topics covered will include working with contracts, event planning basics, writing legislation, parliamentary procedure, assessment, and more. Sessions will be appropriate for both student and advisor audiences.
Participants who engage in the Summer Essentials virtual program will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of programming basics including planning, budgeting, contract (reading and negotiation), and building business relationships
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic functions of Student Government and the role Student Government plays on college campuses.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role student organizations play in creating a sense of belonging on campuses
- Demonstrate ethical leadership practices including equitable and responsible stewardship of resources.
- Identify and implement strategic and inclusive policies and practices.
- Assess the needs of the campus community with a focus on improving the student experience and sense of belonging.