NACA® is committed to upholding U.S. Copyright Law, and the ENCORE™ website specifically prohibits violation of the U.S. Copyright Law. The following information will promote the understanding of and compliance with applicable provisions of copyright law and the scope and limitations of this site.
- "We", "Us" and similar terms mean NACA®, its affiliates, and licensees and the ENCORE™ site.
- "You" means authors or publishers posting CONTENT to the ENCORE™ site.
- "CONTENT" means text, descriptions, photographs, charts, and other materials included in a publication on the ENCORE™ site
Publication and Copyright
By publishing or uploading CONTENT to the ENCORE™ site, you represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all of the rights to the CONTENT, including and any other content that you post or otherwise distribute, and/or you otherwise have obtained the lawful rights and permissions to post and distribute the CONTENT to or through ENCORE™, and/or that you have provided proper attribution and references;
- Publication of the CONTENT does not violate the Terms and Policies of the ENCORE™ site and will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity. We reserve the right to remove CONTENT, either temporarily or permanently based on an allegation of infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), described below. You hereby expressly agree to release and hold us harmless from any loss or liability that may arise from such a decision.
- You understand that CONTENT submitted will be considered non-confidential and NACA® and ENCORE™ are under no obligation to treat such content as proprietary information. ENCORE™ is a collaborative website, and NACA® does not monitor or investigate the ownership of intellectual property and is not responsible for attribution of authorship of CONTENT. NACA® also is not obligated to enforce any form of attribution by third parties. Without limiting the foregoing, NACA® reserves the right to use the content as it deems appropriate, including, without limitation, deleting, editing, modifying, rejecting, or refusing to post it. NACA® is under no obligation to offer you any payment for CONTENT that you submit or the opportunity to edit, delete or otherwise modify CONTENT once it has been submitted ENCORE™.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA)
If you are an IP owner and you believe that your IP is being infringed by an author via a publication on ENCORE™, please note that NACA® and ENCORE™ are not responsible for authors' CONTENT. NACA® is not able to mediate disputes between authors and IP owners; therefore, IP owners are encouraged to resolve their disputes directly with the author of the CONTENT in question. NACA® will only remove clearly infringing CONTENT upon proper notice after resolution attempts between the alleged IP owner and an author have proven unsuccessful.
If you are unable to reach the author or need further assistance, please contact NACA® and we may be able to perform a limited investigation of reasonable complaints and remove content in cases of clear infringement. We will require:
- Clear identification of the copyrighted work or works claimed to have been infringed (e.g., a US Copyright Registration Number);
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and that is to be removed;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner; and
- a statement that information in the complaint is accurate and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the infringed copyright attesting to the foregoing;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit NACA® to contact the complaining party (e.g., address, telephone number, or email address);
In accordance with the DMCA, please report any suspected violation to our designated agent and provide the foregoing information to:
Penny CothranBack to ENCORE
Director of Marketing & Communications, National Association for Campus Activities
13 Harbison Way
Columbia, SC 29212