School Swap is a designated time to showcase your events, publicity, promotional items and anything else your institution does well. Each participating delegation will have a table to display their items however you like. If you have extra T-shirts, brochures, promo items or other fun things, be sure to bring those so you can swap and trade with other delegates.
Schools are encouraged to register to create a decorated booth based on the conference theme. The School Swap registration deadline is Sept. 19, so be sure to complete the form as soon as possible.
There are two on-site awards for which schools can register:
- School Swap People's Choice Award – For participants that go above and beyond the incorporation of the theme, have awesome school spirit, and share creative ideas. It is selected by a vote of delegates who participate in or attend School Swap.
- Best Promotional Item – Awarded to the institution that has the most effective and creative promotional item. A table will be set up at the entrance of School Swap showing each school's best item. The winner is selected by a vote of the delegates who participate in or attend School Swap.
Winners of both awards will be announced during the Closing Banquet.
Deadline to Register: Sept. 19
Rules & Guidelines
- Schools will be given 60 minutes to create their booths from 5:25 p.m.-6:25 p.m. More information can be found on the registration form.
- Remember that someone from your delegation will need to be present at your display throughout the duration of School Swap. You are responsible for supplying all materials.
- You will be provided only ONE table. You cannot move your table once it has been assigned. There is no guarantee an internet connection or power source will be available, so plan accordingly.
- It is your responsibility to leave your table clean and empty when you depart. All leftover items will be discarded.
Tips for Success at School Swap:
- Bring anything your programming board has left over from marketing campaigns, whether you have a booth or not. Pens, key chains, coffee mugs, and T-shirts—bring them all! Remember: if you want an item, you will need an item to trade.
- Pack an extra bag or leave space in your suitcase for all of those T-shirts you're going to trade for!
- Prepare a meeting spot with your delegation. Chances are you and your delegation will get separated in the beautiful chaos of School Swap.
- Bring your phone or camera to help you remember all of these creative ideas you will see.
Even if your school doesn't choose to create a booth, you can still attend to participate in the exchange of ideas and networking. Have fun with your designs!
For more information, please contact:
NACA® South School Swap Coordinator