2018 Graphics Competition Details:
The NACA® Northern Plains Regional Graphics Competition provides an opportunity for member institutions to learn from one another by displaying and recognizing creativity and innovation in publicity and promotion. The submissions are displayed at the regional conference each year. Entries must have backing or they will not be accepted into the competition. Entries may be submitted by an unpaid or paid student.
Unpaid Student (unpaid or stipend positions on the staff) division includes materials designed by students using original or professional artwork.
Paid Student (work study or graphic artist whose primary responsibility is graphics) division includes materials designed by a paid student graphic artist using original or professional artwork as an element within the overall design. The student must have completed the entire layout and design.
Each school may submit a maximum of two (2) entries in each of the following categories:
A poster or flyer that is either one plain color or printed in black and white that details an event on your campus.
A multi-color poster or flyer that provides all promotional materials for an event on your campus.
One-Color Clothing Item
A clothing item that has just one color in addition to the base color of the clothing item. This must be something that promotes an event or your campus programming board.
Multi-Color Clothing Item
A clothing item with a variety of colors. This must be something that promotes an event or your campus programming board.
Web Page Design
A website that specifically promotes your campus programming board and/or the events taking place on your campus.
Social Media Page
A social media page that has the name of your campus programming board on it and is used to promote events. This could be anything from a Facebook or Twitter page to an Instragram or Pinterest page, etc.
A logo that contains the name of your campus programming board.
- Schools may submit two items per category for both paid and unpaid student designs.
- Digital copies must be turned in before the end of the first day of the conference via survey that will be posted on the NACA NPL website. Physical copies must be turned in at the check in counter upon arrival to the conference.
- All physical submissions must have backing for display purposes. Backing is not provided and submissions without backing will not be accepted. Your organization representative and school should be written clearly on the backside of submissions.
- Submissions will be accepted through the first day of the conference.
Guidelines and what judges will look for
- Designs should be eye catching and attention grabbing.
- Designs should be creative and unique. For example, a design that people might not see every day and a design that people will remember.
- All submissions should have all necessary event information (Who, what, where, when).
Digital Submission Form