Up to two research teams will be selected for the Silver Scholar Award package. This package includes the following:
- $1,250 stipend per research team to support research activities, payable either directly to individual researchers or through the researcher(s)’ institution(s). NACA will not pay institutional overhead or indirect costs.
- Priority consideration for presentation at an upcoming national convention or regional conference at which the research findings will be reported. Registration fees would be waived for up to two persons per research team for one of those events.
- Priority consideration for publication by NACA.
- Announcement on the NACA® website, Campus Activities Programming® magazine and NACA® Campus Spotlight e-newsletter.
*Note: The Silver Scholar Award package does not include travel costs for NACA® events.
Silver Scholar Recipient Expectations
Following are the expectations for Silver Scholar Award recipients:
2016 NACA® Research Grant Application
- Within two months of research completion, recipients of this award are required to submit a summary of their results in a whitepaper, which will be promoted for national visibility.
- Recipients will also be encouraged to submit an educational session proposal for a NACA® regional conference, 2017 NACA® National Convention, and/or a NACA® webinar. There is also an option for them to submit a poster session proposal for the 2017 National Convention.
- In addition, they will be encouraged to write a follow-up article for the Campus Activities Programming® magazine.