Up to two research teams (individual researchers can be considered a team) will be selected for the Silver Scholar Award to include the following:
- $1250 stipend per research team to support research activities, payable either directly to individual researchers or to the primary researcher's institution. NACA will not pay institutional overhead or indirect costs.
- Priority consideration for presentation at an upcoming national convention or regional conference at which the research findings will be reported. Registration fees would be waived for up to two persons per research team for one of those events.
- Priority consideration for publication by NACA.
- Announcement on the NACA® website, in the NACA®
Campus Spotlight e-newsletter, and in other NACA® publications.
Silver Scholar Recipient Expectations
Following are the expectations for Silver Scholar Award recipients:
- Within two months of research completion, submit a summary of results in a whitepaper format, which will be promoted for national visibility.
- In addition, recipients are encouraged to submit a proposal for a NACA® webinar.
- Recipients are also encouraged to submit an article about their research to the
Journal of Campus Activities Practice and Scholarship® (This does not imply automatic acceptance.)