One individual researcher or research team may be selected for the Gold Scholar Award package. This package includes the following:
- $2500 stipend to support research activities, payable either directly to individual researcher or to the primary researcher's institution. NACA will not pay institutional overhead or indirect costs.
- Travel expenses paid to attend 2022 NACA® Live for up to two persons from the research team. Travel will be coordinated by the NACA® Office.
- Registration fees for the 2021 Virtual NACA® Live waived for one person from the research team.
- Reserved slot for a Featured Speaker presentation about the research project at the 2021 NACA® National Convention.
- Priority consideration for publication by NACA.
- Announcement on the NACA® website, in the NACA®
Campus Spotlight e-newsletter, and in other NACA® publications.
Gold Scholar Recipient Expectations
- Recipients are required to prepare a presentation about the findings of their research, even if preliminary, for the
2022 NACA® Live.
- Within two months of research completion, submit a summary of results in a whitepaper format, which will be promoted for national visibility
- In addition, recipients are encouraged to submit a proposal for an education session at one of the NACA® regional conferences and/or for a NACA® webinar.
- Recipients are also encouraged to submit an article about their research to the
Journal of Campus Activities Practice and Scholarship® (This does not imply automatic selection.)