One individual researcher or research team will be selected for the Gold Scholar Award package. This package includes the following:
- $2,500 stipend to support research activities, payable either directly to individual researcher or through the researcher(s)’ institution(s). NACA will not pay institutional overhead or indirect costs.
- Travel expenses paid to attend the 2017 NACA® National Convention for up to two persons from the research team. To control costs, travel will be coordinated by the NACA® Office.
- Registration fees waived for up to two persons from the research team to attend the 2017 NACA® National Convention.
- Announcement and recognition at the winner’s respective upcoming NACA® regional conference.
- Reserved slot for a Featured Speaker presentation at the 2017 NACA® National Convention.
- Priority consideration for publication by NACA.
- Announcement on the NACA® website, in Campus Activities Programming® magazine and NACA® Campus Spotlight e-newsletter.
Gold Scholar Recipient Expectations
Following are the expectations for Gold Scholar Award recipients:
2016 NACA® Research Grant Application
- Recipients are required to prepare a presentation about the findings of their research, even if preliminary, for the 2017 NACA® National Convention.
- Within two months of research completion, they must also submit a summary of their results in a whitepaper format, which will be promoted for national visibility.
- In addition, recipients are encouraged to submit a proposal for an education session at one of the NACA® regional conferences and/or for a NACA® webinar.
- Recipients are also encouraged to write an article about their research for the Campus Activities Programming® magazine.