Monday, August 2, 2021
Assists the Institute Series Coordinator with providing oversight of the NACA Institutes.
• Works in collaboration with the NACA Department of Education & Research and the Institute Series Coordinator on the following:
o Assists with recruiting potential institute staff
o Coordinates and facilitates training of Institute Coordinators and Staff regarding effective facilitation and other institute-related items
o Addresses issues and concerns with Institute Coordinators as needed.
o Assists in determining the future direction of each institute, including curriculum and programmatic changes
• Participates regularly in training, planning, and AAR calls as scheduled, including Leadership Team calls.
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with event and program initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
• Must have previously served as an institute coordinator.
• Must have a broad understanding of the mission of NACA, Institute programs, and a willingness to develop an understanding of the unique needs of each Institute.
• Must be available throughout the year to accomplish the duties above.
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
Term of Service
• Two years – the first year as the Institute Series Coordinator-Elect and the second year as the Institute Series Coordinator. Term of service begins Sept 1 and ends August 31.
NACA Office Liaison
• Director of Education and Research
Cultivating a Sense of Belonging
Experiential Leadership Learning
Intentionality in Student Learning
Networking & Business Relationships
Policy Knowledge, Development & Management
Recruitment and Retention
Volunteer & Staff Management