Monday, June 7, 2021
Assists the National Showcase Selection Coordinator in facilitation of the NACA Showcase Selection program for NACA events as needed.
• Provides Showcase Selection support for showcase selection meetings as needed.
• In conjunction with the NACA Office and National Showcase Selection Coordinator, prepares and facilitates training for Regional Showcase Selection Coordinators.
• Provides input into the ongoing development and maintenance of the Showcase Selection process, operations, and documentation to the designated NACA Office staff member.
• Works with the National Showcase Selection Coordinator to recommend related policies to the NACA Office. In conjunction with the NACA Office and National Showcase Selection Coordinator, maintains documentation and records of all Showcase Selection progress to generate reports and provide statistical evidence to support policy change requests.
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with event and program initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
• Must have served as a Regional Showcase Selection Coordinator (2015 or later).
• Must be able to provide support to the Showcase Selection committee meetings as needed.
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
Term of Service
• One Year
• May 1st – April 30th
NACA Office Liaison
• Associate Services Manager
• Experience & Events Director
Cultivating a Sense of Belonging
Experiential Leadership Learning
Intentionality in Student Learning
Networking & Business Relationships
Policy Knowledge, Development & Management
Recruitment and Retention
Volunteer & Staff Management