June 13-16, 2019
Washington University in St. Louis (MO)
Audience: Students and Advisors
The NACA® Programming Board Institute (PBI) is designed to enhance the essential skills that college student programmers need to host events on their campuses. This hands-on, interactive Institute offers students the opportunity to develop those skills through large group sessions, small group discussions, and on-site event planning.
One of the unique experiences PBI offers is that each participant will work with their designated small group to plan and execute an event from start to finish for the entire institute to enjoy on Event Day. As an added bonus, the small groups will be given a budget and time allocated to shop for supplies to enhance their events. The PBI staff will also plan an off-campus event for all participants to partake in.
Throughout the institute, participants can expect to:
- Develop and enhance basic through advanced programming skills in an experiential format via creating, promoting, implementing and evaluating events during the Institute;
- Develop a network of peers to call upon for ideas, resources and problem solving;
- Learn ways to publicize and promote campus events to specific audiences;
- Improve leadership skills in areas such as delegation, meeting facilitation and effective communication;
- Enhance their understanding of contracting and negotiation.
- Have fun!
Advisors attending will have the opportunity to network with and learn best practices from programing board advisors from other institutions, attend large group discussions, participate in events, facilitate large group sessions, and serve as mentors during the event-planning stage.
*Please note: this institute is not recommended for repeat attendees
Early Registration Fees and Deadlines:
$600 for NACA® Member until May 9
$750 for Non Member until May 9
Regular Registration Fees and Deadlines:
$672 for NACA® Member after May 9
$840 for Non Member after May 9
Commuter Registration Fee(No On-Campus Housing Required) - $503
Delegate Housing Extra Night(June 12 only – no meals provided) - $39.50
Parking Pass – $9 per day
Final Registration Deadline: May 23
Registration includes the following:
- Housing on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights (June 13, 14, and 15)
- Dinner on Thursday, June 13
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Friday, June 14
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Saturday, June 15
- Breakfast on Sunday, June 16
NACA® Institute Refund Policy
Refunds for registration will be made only for requests received in writing at the NACA® Office prior to the early registration deadline. No refunds will be given for registrations after this date, however delegate substitutions may be allowed if the request is submitted no later than 4 weeks prior to the start of the institute. A $100 administrative fee will be charged for any cancellation.
You must be 18 years or older to participate in this institute.
For more information on this institute, please contact: