June 11-14, 2020
Xavier University (OH)
Audience: Students and Advisors
Early Registration Fees and Deadlines:
$600 for NACA® Member until May 7
$750 for Non Member until May 7
Regular Registration Fees and Deadlines:
$675 for NACA® Member after May 7
$840 for Non Member after May 7
Commuter Registration Fee (No On-Campus Housing Required) - $505
Delegate Housing Extra Night (June 10 only – no meals provided) - $30.00
Parking Pass – FREE
Final Registration Deadline: May 21
Registration includes the following:
- Housing on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights (June 11, 12, and 13)
- Dinner on Thursday, June 11
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Friday, June 12
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Saturday, June 13
- Breakfast on Sunday, June 14
The NACA® Programming Board Institute (PBI) is designed to enhance the essential skills that college student programmers need to host events on their campuses. This hands-on, interactive Institute offers students the opportunity to develop those skills through large group sessions, small group discussions, and on-site event planning.
One of the unique experiences PBI offers is that each participant will work with their designated small group to plan and execute an event from start to finish for the entire institute to enjoy on Event Day. As an added bonus, the small groups will be given a budget and time allocated to shop for supplies to enhance their events. The PBI staff will also plan an off-campus event for all participants to partake in.
Throughout the institute, participants can expect to:
- Develop and enhance basic through advanced programming skills in an experiential format via creating, promoting, implementing and evaluating events during the Institute;
- Develop a network of peers to call upon for ideas, resources and problem solving;
- Learn ways to publicize and promote campus events to specific audiences;
- Improve leadership skills in areas such as delegation, meeting facilitation and effective communication;
- Enhance their understanding of contracting and negotiation.
- Have fun!
Advisors attending will have the opportunity to network and learn best practices from their peers, learn about advising using the NACA Competencies for Campus Activities Professionals, and facilitate large group discussions with student attendees.
*Please note: this institute is not recommended for repeat attendees
You must be 18 years or older to participate in this institute.
For more information on this institute, please contact: