Thursday, October 13, 2022
The Stage Crew plays an active role in supporting the load-in, load-out, sound checks and performance components for all the acts that will appear on the showcase stage at the NACA conferences.
• Trains with the onsite production company and Showcase Production Coordinator to learn how to set up, operate, move, and tear down all production audio, visual, and backline equipment.
• Assists with load-in, load-out, sound checks and performances per standard production schedule provided by NACA Office.
• Stage crew members will be provided with branded apparel that must always be worn when in the showcase room.
• Assures that the associations Mission and Vision are reflected in the attendee experience by helping create an inclusive, hospitable environment where all attendees feel welcome and connected.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
Qualifications / Expectations
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Attends assigned NACA conference.
• Must be a student from a NACA member institution.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.).
• Committee Members must be able to lift a minimum of 20lbs and be on their feet for long periods of time.
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Volunteer Development Manager must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
• Will receive registration waiver for conference.
• Hotel room paid for NACA conference based on double occupancy.
• Will receive meals and/or per diem for the time they are required to be at the conference.
Term of Service
Dates vary based on the region:
- You should reserve the time period from Wednesday through Sunday for your Stage Crew commitment:
--> Atlanta: September 28 - October 2
--> Fort Wayne: October 19-23
--> Hartford: October 26-30
--> Spokane: November 2-6
- The first official meeting is set for Wednesday at 1pm in the conference location's time zone.
- Load-out will occur until done on Saturday night.
- Sunday will be for return travel.
- We do not accept applications for only part of the time - you must be able to commit to the entire time period. Please DO NOT make your travel arrangements based on the information above - we are still working out the showcase schedule.
NACA Office Liaison
Experience and Events Director