Friday, September 30, 2022
Take an active role in determining who will appear on the NACA® Live showcase stage! Apply for a position on the Showcase Selection Committee, which is responsible for selecting the showcase acts. This volunteer opportunity is open to all NACA school members in all regions.
The Showcase Selection process involves reviewing audio/visual and printed material submitted by NACA associate members, and building showcases following discussion and deliberation. The committee is scheduled to meet remotely for one week.
- Reviews and votes on showcase submissions for NACA Live in accordance with the NACA Showcase Selection process.
- Slates the appropriate number of diverse agencies, performers, and types of production, in accordance with the NACA Showcase Selection process.
- Remains anonymous to prevent any contact from Associate members, artists, and/or agencies.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
Qualifications / Expectations
- Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
- Must be a representative (professional staff, graduate student, or undergraduate student) of a NACA member institution.
- Must not be a current or former employee or intern of a NACA associate member firm or agency, nor may they plan to be employed by or serve as an intern with an associate member firm or agency within the next year.
- Must maintain the confidentiality and anonymity of the committee membership throughout the selection process.
- Must have access to internet and webcam capabilities.
- Must be able to work independently and diligently to make the deadlines provided as the selection process is done remotely.
- Must be sensitive to the representation of the Association (i.e. school location, size and type of institution, gender, ethnic background, etc.).
- Must participate in the entire showcase selection process.
- Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.).
- If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Office must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
- Prior attendance at a conference is not required but is preferred.
NACA Google Drives
Term of Service
The committee will meet via Zoom from Sunday, November 7 to Thursday, Novermber 10. Committee members must be able to make all scheduled calls throughout the week.
- Orientation: Sunday, November 6 at 5pm ET/4pm CT/3pm MT/2pm PT
- Round 1 (reviewing all submitted videos): Sunday, November 6 following orientation, to be completed by Wednesday, November 9 at 11am ET/10am CT/9am MT/8am PT
- Rounds 2 and 3: Wednesday, November 9 at 12pm ET/11am CT/10am MT/9am PT, to be completed by end of day on Thursday, November 10
NACA Office Liaison
Experience & Events Director
Networking & Business Relationships
Policy Knowledge, Development & Management