- Category: National Volunteer Positions
Friday, April 3, 2020
The individuals who work with the National Volunteer Development Coordinator make up the team that moves NACA forward in forming sound volunteer management practices.
• Actively assists in the recruitment of volunteers for all roles within the Association.
• Encourages the recruitment and selection of volunteers from among new members and underrepresented ethnicities.
• Ensures that recruitment and selection processes are fair and consistent for all Association volunteer roles.
•Will serve as liaison on various volunteer committees/teams
• Will serve on volunteer selection teams as needed.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association, both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Volunteers selected for this role will oversee one or more of the following areas of responsibility in coordination with the National Volunteer Development Coordinator:
• Develop framework for volunteer trainings.
• Identify and offer suggestions on ways in which volunteers can be recognized to the NACA Office.
• Will work with the NACA Office to coordinate and plan Inspire Live. Inspire Live is the Association’s annual volunteer celebration and Achievement Awards ceremony that is held at NACA Live.
Evaluation, Assessment and Feedback
• Determine a process for assessing the culture of volunteerism and implement assessment.
Recruitment and Selection
• Review the application and selection process.
• Must be a full-time staff member at a current member institution. NACA membership must remain current throughout the volunteer’s term.
• Experience with volunteer management in NACA, on your campus or with other associations/organizations is preferred but not required.
• Volunteer experience with NACA required. This could include regional or national volunteer roles.
• Must be able to participate on regular biweekly Zoom calls.
• Other meetings/projects may require time outside of scheduled meetings within subgroups to achieve the goals of the NVDT.
NACA office will confirm level of support.
Term of Service
• Assistant National Volunteer Development Coordinator term is for two consecutive years starting on 5/1 and ending on 4/30. The Assistant would have the option to reapply after their two year term is completed.
The Assistant National Volunteer Development Coordinator will report to the National Volunteer Development Coordinator.
NACA Office Liaison
Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services