- Proposals will only be considered from an individual researcher or research team provided the researcher or members of the research team are not current members of the NACA® Board of Directors, the NACA® Research and Scholarship Group, or the NACA® Office staff.
- Research proposals must focus on issue(s) related to campus activities and student involvement that are relevant to a wide audience and have implications for student success initiatives, as reflected in the
NACA Research Agenda. See list below for preferred topics.
- Proposals must clearly articulate a strong research design that is appropriate for the research question(s). Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed-method studies will be considered.
- Proposed research must be original work of the research team and must not have been reported elsewhere.
- Proposals must comply with the NACA® Statement of Professional Ethics and the NACA® Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles.
- Proposals must include an abstract of the proposed research. The members of the research team must be willing to have this information posted on the NACA® website and/or in NACA® publications.
- Proposals must include a timeline for completion, noting that research must be completed by December 1, 2019.
Preferred Research Topics
Special consideration will be given to proposals addressing one of the following topics:
- The influence of student involvement on academic achievement and/or student persistence to graduation.
- Ties between the development of employability skills and campus involvement.
- Student learning gains from types of student involvement activities, including student organization membership, positional leadership and event planning opportunities.
- High-impact practices in campus activities.
- Preparation experiences for employment in campus activities, including graduate preparation and/or career development activities.
- The role of student organization advisors in facilitating student learning and/or student success.