July 12-15, 2018
Xavier University (OH)
Audience: Students and Advisors
NACA® Student Government
Institute - East assists student governments in the development of strong, effective, student-driven leadership on campus. The institute is designed to help define the role of the student governments as liaisons for students and organizations. It is also an interactive program designed to focus both on personal leadership development and strengthening one’s organization on campus. In addition to educational sessions and roundtables, delegates will have the opportunity to work closely with each other and learn from shared resources. Additionally, there will be an advisor’s track that will serve as resource for networking, idea sharing and more.
- Learn how to improve relationships with university officials and campus staff;
- Discuss ways to create a desired impression of the student government;
- Establish a plan for working with campus and local media;
- Learn to create school spirit and loyalty through collaboration with other campus groups;
- Develop a role for the SGA in fostering a strong town-gown relationship;
- Learn to create programs to ensure leadership transition from one year to the next;
- Gain ideas on how to use technology to maximize student government presence, programs and services;
- Exchange resource materials with other school delegates through networking opportunities;
- Learn ways to recognize the diversity on campus and support the development of programs to achieve this goal;
- Learn to create unity in a student government where many opinions differ; and
- Develop strategies for campus outreach to provide the student government with the knowledge it needs to make tough decisions and recommendations.
Early Registration Fees and Deadlines:
$598 for NACA® Member until May 31
$747 for Non Member until May 31
Regular Registration Fees and Deadlines:
$687 for NACA® Member after May 31
$859 for Non Member after May 31
Commuter Registration Fee (No On-Campus Housing Required) - $500
Delegate Housing Extra Night(July 11 only – no meals provided) - $27
Parking Pass – FREE
Registration Opens: February 12
Final Registration Deadline: June 14
This event is now at capacity. Registration is closed. If you would like to be placed on a waiting list in case of any cancellations, please contact Victoria Moulterie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration includes the following:
- Housing on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights (July 12, 13, and 14)
- Dinner on Thursday, July 12
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Friday, July 13
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Saturday, July 14
- Breakfast on Sunday, July 15
NACA® Institute Refund Policy
Refunds for registration will be made only for requests received in writing at the NACA® Office prior to the early registration deadline. No refunds will be given for registrations after this date, however delegate substitutions may be allowed if the request is submitted no later than 4 weeks prior to the start of the institute. A $100 administrative fee will be charged for any cancellation.
*You must be 18 years old or older to participate.
For more information on this institute, please contact: