Wednesday, January 5, 2022
The Graduate Interns provide support to one of the following areas of the Regional Leadership Team (RLT) while becoming familiar with NACA governance, programs, and professional and leadership development opportunities: business, education, and membership.
- Performs duties assigned to their specific area of support.
- Co-presents an educational session with functional area mentor.
- Communicates at least monthly with functional area mentor.
- Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Assures that the Association’s Mission and Vision are reflected in the attendee experience by helping create an inclusive, hospitable environment where all attendees feel welcome and connected. This includes attending all conference events and meetings to set the tone for attendee engagement.
- Attends all regularly scheduled regional meetings and conference calls.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
- Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with conference initiatives and position responsibilities.
- Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
- Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA staff liaison.
Qualifications / Expectations
- Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
- Attends regional conference.
- Graduate Interns must be a current graduate student at a NACA member institution.
- Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.).
- NACA Connect
- NACA Google Drives
- Will receive registration waiver for conference
Term of Service
January 15 - May 31
NACA Office Liaison
Business - Experience & Events Director
Membership - Membership Development Manager
Education - Director of Education & Research
Experiential Leadership Learning
Networking & Business Relationships