Tuesday, January 4, 2022
The Showcase Selection Committee plays an active role in determining who will appear on the showcase stage at the NACA® Conferences. The showcase selection process involves reviewing audio/visual and printed material submitted by NACA associate members, and building showcases following discussion and deliberation. The committee is scheduled to meet remotely for one week. Dates will be available once the application opens.
- Reviews showcase submissions for designated conference following the NACA Showcase Selection process.
- Votes on showcase submissions, following the NACA Showcase Selection process.
- Slates the appropriate number of diverse agencies, performers, and types of production, following the NACA Showcase Selection process.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
Qualifications / Expectations
The committee will meet via Zoom from Sunday, January 9 to Thursday, January 13. Committee members must be able to make all scheduled calls throughout the week.
- Orientation: Sunday, January 9 at 5pm ET/5pm CT/4pm MT/3pm PT
- Round 1 (reviewing all submitted videos): Sunday, January 9 following orientation, to be completed by Wednesday, January 12 at 11am ET/10am CT/9am MT/8am PT
- Rounds 2: Wednesday, January 12 at 12pm ET/11am CT/10am MT/9am PT
- Rounds 3: Thursday, January 13 at 12pm ET/11am CT/10am MT/9am PT &, to be completed by the end of day
- Must be a representative (professional staff, graduate student, or undergraduate student) of a NACA member institution.
- Must not be a current or former employee or intern of a NACA associate member firm or agency, nor may they plan to be employed by or serve as an intern with an associate member firm or agency within the next year.
- Must have access to internet and webcam capabilities.
- Must be able to work independently and diligently to make the deadlines provided as the selection process is done remotely.
- Be sensitive to the representation of the Association (i.e. school location, size and type of institution, gender, ethnic background, etc.).
- Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.).
- If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Volunteer Development Manager must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of hiring.
- Prior attendance at a regional conference is not required but is preferred.
NACA Google Drives
Term of Service
January 1, 2022 - April 30, 2022
NACA Office Liaison
Experience & Events Director
Intentionality in Student Learning
Policy Knowledge, Development & Management