Position Descriptions & Responsibilities
Regional Leadership Team: Volunteer Development & Graduate Intern Coordinator
Monday, June 28, 2021
Friday, January 15, 2021
The Volunteer Development & Graduate Intern Coordinator manages the recruitment, selection, training, and retention efforts of the regional volunteers and graduate interns.
• Coordinates the selection process for all Regional Leadership Team volunteers.
• Follows procedures for selection as outlined by the NACA Office.
• Working in conjunction with the Diversity Initiatives Coordinator, NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services and the National Volunteer Development Coordinator, implements a volunteer recruitment program within the region.
• Develops continuing volunteer training programs in collaboration with the NACA Office and National Volunteer Development Team.
• Recruits and coordinates volunteers at the regional conference and recommends volunteers for the regional conference committee.
• Connects with volunteers regularly throughout the year to ensure they are engaged within the region.
• Reviews and integrates learning outcomes for the Graduate Intern Program.
• Develops recruitment strategies for interns that represent a diverse cross-section of NACA graduate student members through collaboration with NACA staff and the Membership Team Lead.
• Through collaboration with the Regional Leadership Team, develops itinerary and functional area assignments for graduate interns.
• Establishes expectations for volunteer supervisors in their work with assigned interns.
• Facilitates on-site meetings with graduate interns and coordinates involvement of guest speakers for events specific to the intern program.
• Assists graduate interns with the development and delivery of at least one educational session. The graduate interns will present their educational session with assigned mentor.
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Assures that the Association’s Mission and Vision are reflected in the attendee experience by helping create an inclusive, hospitable environment where all attendees feel welcome and connected. This includes attending all conference events and meetings to set the tone for attendee engagement
• Attends all regularly scheduled regional meetings and conference calls.
• Participates in meetings and conference calls with the National Volunteer Development Team as requested.
• Stays in communication with all volunteers under the Volunteer Development umbrella throughout their volunteer experience to ensure tasks are completed and that they feel engaged with the planning process.
• Collaborates with the National Volunteer Development Team to develop and coordinate a regional volunteer recognition program.
• Assist with regional awards as requested by the Recognition & Awards Coordinator.
• Strongly encouraged to submit at least one educational program proposal for the conference.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with conference initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA staff liaison.
Qualifications / Expectations
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Attends regional conference.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at a NACA member institution.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.).
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within two weeks of transition.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drive
Term of Service
• January 1st – January 31st
• May 1st - May 1st (Northern Plains Only)
NACA Office Liaison
• Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services
• Education & Research Manager
Experiential Leadership Learning
Intentionality in Student Learning
Networking & Business Relationships
Volunteer & Staff Management