- Category: National Volunteer Positions
Saturday, December 1, 2018
Oversees the relationships between the Convention Committee and Associate Members, and provides creative vision for all aspects of the Convention that include Associate Members.
• Participates in regular calls/meetings with the NACA® Live Chair and NACA® Live team.
• Creates a list of potential Convention Kickoff performers.
• Supports the planning of the Closing Celebration
• Creates a list of potential Hall of Fame inductees to be submitted to the Board of Directors for final review and selection.
• Develops list of potential Associate Member sponsorship opportunities and acts as a liaison with the NACA Office.
• Maintains open communication with the NACA Office staff.
• Is available via phone/email during showcase selection meetings.
• Maintains open communication with the National Block Booking Team
• Assists in Marketplace with the implementation of policies and procedures while onsite.
• Attends onsite planning team meeting the day prior to the convention.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to NACA policies and procedures, as well as other applicable laws and regulations.
• Assure that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant Strategic Plan objectives are integrated with convention initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Must be a full-time staff member at a member institution (Note: if the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be an NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Office, Chair of the Board, National Volunteer Development Coordinator must be informed of this change and the letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of hiring.)
• Must have served as a previous member of the National Convention Program Committee or a regional conference program committee;
• Must have approval from and support of their institution prior to applying for the position (Note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
The association support will be determined by the NACA office.
Term of Service
November - February of the following year
Chair of NACA® Live
NACA® Live team members
NACA Office Liaison
Associate Services Manager