● Serve as the main point of contact for all aspects of NACA Showcase Production in the absence of the National Showcase Production Coordinator.
● Transition to the position of National Showcase Production Coordinator in the second year of your term or if the National Showcase Production Coordinator is no longer able to serve in this position.
● Assist with the review of Showcase policies annually.
● Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA® policies and procedures, as well as other applicable laws and regulations.
● Integrates NACA® goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives in all aspects of position responsibilities.
● Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA® leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association, both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
● National Convention:
○ Schedules acts for the Secondary Stage showcases and forwards necessary information to the National Showcase Production Coordinator and the NACA® Office per established times.
○ Prepares the National Convention production binder for the Secondary Stage with all performing artists’ letters of intent, stage plots, etc.
○ Coordinate all stage plots and A/V/tech needs (LCD projectors, pianos, etc.) for the Secondary Stage with the National Showcase Production Team, sound and light company, and NACA Office.
○ Assists with the direct load-in, load-out, sound and light checks, and performances per standard production schedule provided by NACA® Office.
○ Coordinates and supervises the presentation of the showcases on the Secondary Stage at National Convention (Lecture, Keynote, StandUp NBC, Special Event Showcase, Sampler, etc.) as per printed policy, in conjunction with the National Showcase Production Coordinator and the Assistant National Showcase Production Team General Member.
○ Schedule and direct National Convention load-in, load-out, sound and light checks, and performances for the Secondary Stage per standard production schedule provided by NACA® Office. Communicates these schedules to National Showcase Production Coordinator and the Office for timely dissemination of standard NACA® Showcase Letters of Intent to respective associate members.
○ Works with the NACA® Office and NCPC to incorporate all announcements, awards, into the overall showcase program at the Secondary Stage.
○ Assists with the supervision of the volunteer Stage Crew in collaboration with National Showcase Production Coordinator and the contracted sound and light company.
● Regional Conferences:
○ Attend monthly calls with National Showcase Production Team, Regional Showcase Production Coordinators, and the NACA Office.
○ Support the National Production Coordinator in the development and facilitation of trainings offered to Regional Showcase Production coordinators on all showcase policies and procedures.
○ Relay and follow up on all communications with the regional coordinators including deadlines, policy updates, resources, etc.
○ Attend at least 2 Regional Conferences and support the Regional Showcase Production Coordinator with the load-in, load-out, sound checks and performances
● The National Showcase Production Coordinator-Elect must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA® member institution
● The National Showcase Production Coordinator-Elect must not be a current or former employee or intern of an NACA® associate member firm or agency, or plan to be employed by or be an intern for an NACA® associate member firm or agency within the next NACA® fiscal year.
● The National Showcase Production Coordinator-Elect should be available during the week immediately following the Showcase Selection Committee meeting to complete showcase production scheduling and communication to the NACA® Office.
● The National Showcase Production Coordinator-Elect must have approval from and support of their institution prior to appointment of the position (note: support is defined as financial support, as well as time out of the office, etc.)
● If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be an NACA® member and provide a statement of support. The NACA® Office and National Volunteer Development Coordinator must be informed of this change and the letter of support must be received within 30 days of hiring.
Travel, lodging and meals are provided for one night prior to and the duration of the National Convention and regional conferences.
*One member of the NSPT will receive the following support for “round 3”/Day 5 for the Convention showcase selection/deliberation meeting at the National Office:
Travel, lodging for 2 nights and Per Diem.
Term of Service
● May - April (2 years, 1st year as Coordinator-Elect then becomes the Coordinator during 2nd year)
● National Convention:
○ Convention: February (dates vary)
● Regional Conferences – attending conference within local region in addition to 1-2 other regions as needed – October/November
● Mid Atlantic Festival – Early March – IF NEEDED