- Category: National Volunteer Positions
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
To become familiar with NACA governance, programs and professional development opportunities.
· Attend the National Convention and one Regional Conference.
· Present at least one education session at each event.
· Write an article for Campus Activities Programming Magazine.
· Participate in regular conference calls with the Leadership Fellows Coordinator, mentors and other fellows.
· Communicate at least monthly with the assigned Leadership Fellow Mentor.
· Serve as member of the Diversity Activities Group.
· Assist with NACA diversity initiatives at the National Convention and regional conferences.
· Each Leadership Fellow must be full-time professional staff who has been in the field three years or less. Fellows must be a member of an underrepresented population. NACA institutional membership is preferred, but not required.
· Each Leadership Fellow must have approval from and support of his/her institution/agency
prior to appointment to the position. (Note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of
the office, etc.)
Each Leadership Fellow receives a complimentary registration, Professional Development Luncheon ticket for each event and Diversity Dinner ticket for the National Convention. NACA reimburses for ½ a double/double sleeping room so that Leadership Fellows can attend the pre-convention meeting.
Term of Service
Beginning June 1 of the current year through April 30 of the next year.
As per the NACA bylaws, volunteers should not serve more than two consecutive terms in the same Regional Conference Program Committee position.
Leadership Fellows Coordinator, Leadership Fellow Mentor
NACA Office Liaison
Education and Development Coordinator