Friday, January 22, 2021
The Summer Series Student Track Leader assists NACA Office staff with the creation and facilitation of the student track curriculum of one Summer Series week.
• In collaboration with NACA Office staff, creates an educational curriculum for students to meet the learning outcomes of the week.
• Presents 1-2 sessions during the Summer Series week and helps recruit volunteers to present other sessions that week.
• Attends the entirety of the student track during their week of the Summer Series virtually.
• Participates in regular planning calls with NACA Office staff and other Summer Series volunteers.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with the Summer Series student track.
• Ensures integration of diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives throughout educational programs.
• Assures that the Association’s Mission and Vision are reflected in the attendee experience by helping create an inclusive, hospitable environment where all attendees feel welcome and connected.
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion .
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with Summer Series initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
• Must have experience in curriculum design and knowledge on the topic of the Summer Series week.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• Registration is provided for the assigned Summer Series® week.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
Term of Service
• One year, beginning Jan 1 ending August 31. The Summer Series Student Track Leader may not serve more than two consecutive terms.
NACA Office Liaison
• Director of Education & Research
Intentionality in Student Learning
Volunteer & Staff Management