- Category: National Volunteer Positions
Monday, May 21, 2018
In support of the values embodied in the NACA® Diversity Statement, the purpose of the Diversity Advisory Group (DAG) is to guide diversity and inclusion initiatives for the association; to monitor the progress of volunteer groups, partners, and office staff involved in the delivery of diversity and inclusion initiatives; and to engage in special initiatives that promote advisor development.
• Leadership Fellows Coordinator Liaison
• National Diversity Initiatives Coordinator Liaison
• General Diversity & Inclusion NACA® Connect Community Liaison
• Research & Assessment Liaison
• Diversity & Inclusion Institute Coordinator Liaison
• Associate Advisory Group Liaison
• Stay abreast of trends and issues in diversity and inclusion as they relate to campus activities and higher education.
• Provide support and oversight of signature diversity and inclusion initiatives (e.g., Leadership Fellows, Diversity Initiatives Coordinators, Diversity & Inclusion Institute, NACA® Connect Affinity Communities, etc.)
• Work with Director of Education and Research and volunteer leaders to conduct program reviews, make recommendations for improving educational offerings, and share results with appropriate parties.
• Conduct focus groups, climate surveys, and other assessment/evaluation activities to determine the professional development needs of advisors.
• Initiate and implement special projects that enhance advisor development, such as trainings, workshops, and other similar activities.
• Develop resources and tools that assist with advisor development.
• Review NACA policies that relate to diversity and inclusion and make recommendations to the Board of Directors and/or the Foundation Board of Trustees as needed.
• Participate in monthly conference calls, meetings during the National Convention, called meetings, and sub-committees and workgroups. (Note: While there are benefits related to on-site participation during live events, NACA recognizes it is not always financially feasible for its members.)
• Applicants must have participated in NACA’s signature diversity programs, services, positions, and/or activities (e.g., Leadership Fellows Program, Diversity Initiatives Coordinator, Diversity and Inclusion Taskforce, Diversity Speaker, diversity activities during regional conferences/National Convention, etc.) for a minimum of two years or participated in the Diversity and Inclusion Taskforce.
• Applicants should have participated in a minimum of two conferences/workshops/trainings geared specifically toward diversity and inclusion (e.g., NCORE, NCBI Training, SJTI, diversity workshops, ally workshops, etc.)
• Applicants must have general knowledge of trends and issues related to diversity and inclusion in the context of student affairs.
• Applicants must articulate a passion for diversity and inclusion as expressed in the NACA® Diversity Statement.
• Applicants must have approval and support from her/his institution prior to appointment to the position. (Note: Support is defined as financial support, support for time out of the office, etc.)
• If a general members change jobs during the position and wish to continue in the position, their new institution must also be an NACA member school and their supervisor must provide a statement of support. The NACA Office and National Volunteer Development Coordinator must be informed of this change, and the letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of hiring.
General members will receive support from the Director of Education & Research who will do the following:
• Regularly communicate with BOD liaison to develop and plan meetings.
• Actively participate in meetings, being sure to communicate forthcoming strategic initiatives coming out of Education and Research at the national office.
• Communicate regional conference and convention needs and requests to appropriate volunteers and office staff (i.e., meeting rooms, education session slots, AV needs, etc.).
• Post resource information in NACA® Connect.
• Schedule conference calls and other meetings.
Term of Service
Two-year term starting in Sept
Office Liaison, Director of Education and Research
NACA Office Liaison
Director of Education and Research