Shadows the NACA Live Chair and acts as general team member, working on specific projects as assigned by the Chair.
• Works with the NACA Live team on educational programs and hospitality initiatives.
• Participates in NACA Live® team calls/meetings.
• Assists NACA Live® Chair as needed.
• Strongly encouraged to submit at least one educational program proposal for NACA Live.
• Participates in training calls as scheduled.
• Will serve as the NACA Live® Chair during the second-year term.
• Attends all regularly scheduled NACA Live meetings and conference calls.
• Assures that the Association’s Mission and Vision are reflected in the attendee experience by helping create an inclusive, hospitable environment where all attendees feel welcome and connected. This includes attending NACA Live event and meetings to set the tone for attendee engagement.
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with NACA Live initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
s for the Association’s members.
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Attends NACA Live.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.).
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
Term of Service
• Two Years
• May 1st – February 28th of the following year
NACA Live® Chair
NACA Office Liaison
Experience and Events Directors
Networking & Business Relationships
Policy Knowledge, Development & Management
Volunteer & Staff Management