In support of the NACA Mission and Vision, RSG General Members provide support and resources around research, assessment, scholarship and data-driven decision making to advance student and professional experiences in campus activities.
• Participates in bi-weekly meetings, meetings during conferences, called meetings, and sub-committees and workgroups. (Note: While there are benefits related to on-site participation during live events, NACA recognizes it is not always financially feasible for its members.)
• Stay abreast of trends and issues in research and assessment as they relate to campus activities and higher education.
• Contributes to research and scholarship by participating in sub-committees and work groups to achieve key tasks of the group.
• Develop resources and tools that assist members with research and scholarship.
• Reviews NACA research policies and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors.
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with event and program initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
• Members of RSG should represent a mix of mid-to-upper level practitioners, faculty who have come out of campus activities background or who currently have dual roles as academics and practitioners, and graduate students who have an interest in campus activities research.
• Members must have a repertoire of scholarly contributions to the field of campus activities (i.e., articles, research, national task force participation, conference presentations, collaborative work, etc.).
• Members should have a record of participating in collaborative efforts, with particular skill for moving from ideas to action.
• Members should have energy and passion for research and its applications for campus activities.
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
The Research and Scholarship Group general members will receive the following support from the Director of Education and Research and the Association:
• Schedule conference calls and meetings for the group.
• Actively participate in meetings, being sure to communicate forthcoming strategic initiatives coming out of Education and Research at the national office.
• Communicate event needs and requests to appropriate volunteers and office staff (i.e., meeting rooms, education session slots, AV needs, etc.).
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
Term of Service
October 15th, 2021 – April 30th, 2023
NACA Office Liaison
Director of Education and Research
Assessment & Data Management
Cultivating a Sense of Belonging
Networking & Business Relationships
Policy Knowledge, Development & Management