Monday, April 12, 2021
In support of the NACA Mission and Vision, RSG General Members guide and support RSG initiatives and ensure that all activities are aligned with its mission, which is to conduct and facilitate research, inquiry, scholarship, and data-driven decision-making to advance student and professional experiences in campus activities.
• Stay abreast of trends and issues in research and assessment as they relate to campus activities and higher education.
• Initiate and implement special research and assessment projects that enhance member experience.
• Develop resources and tools that assist with developing advisors’ skills in research and assessment.
• Participate in bi-weekly meetings, meetings during conferences, called meetings, and sub-committees and workgroups. (Note: While there are benefits related to on-site participation during live events, NACA recognizes it is not always financially feasible for its members.)
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with event and program initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
• Members of RSG should represent a mix of mid-to-upper level practitioners, faculty who have come out of campus activities background or who currently have dual roles as academics and practitioners, and graduate students who have an interest in campus activities research.
• Members must have a repertoire of scholarly contributions to the field of campus activities (i.e., articles, research, national task force participation, conference presentations, collaborative work, etc.).
• Members should have a record of participating in collaborative efforts, with particular skill for moving from ideas to action.
• Members should have energy and passion for research and its applications for campus activities.
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member or graduate student at an NACA member institution.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
General Members will receive support from the Director of Education and Research, who will do the following:
o Regularly communicate with the Chair, Chair Elect, and BOD liaison to develop and plan meetings.
o Actively participate in meetings, being sure to communicate forthcoming strategic initiatives coming out of Education and Research at the national office.
o Communicate event needs and requests to appropriate volunteers and office staff (i.e., meeting rooms, education session slots, AV needs, etc.).
o Prepare minutes and other meeting materials and post in NACA® Connect.
o Schedule meetings.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
Term of Service
• Two year term
• May 1st – April 30th
NACA Office Liaison
Director of Education and Research
Assessment & Data Management
Cultivating a Sense of Belonging
Networking & Business Relationships
Policy Knowledge, Development & Management