- Category: National Volunteer Positions
Friday, September 1, 2017
Selects the National Convention lecture and training showcases according to criteria and procedures as approved by the NACA Board of Directors.
• Attends the selection meeting in the fall which is normally held in October.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Actions Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant Strategic Plan objectives are integrated with convention initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to NACA policies and procedures, as well as other applicable laws and regulations.
• Must be a full-time staff member, graduate, or undergraduate student at a member institution (Note: if the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be an NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Office, Chair of the Board, National Volunteer Development Coordinator must be informed of this change and the letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of hiring.)
• Must have approval from and support of their institution prior to applying for the position (Note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.);
• Must not be a current or former employee or intern of an NACA Associate Member firm or agency, or plan to be employed by or be an intern for an NACA Associate Member firm or agency within the next fiscal year.
NACA® covers the cost of transportation, meals, and lodging for the selection meeting. Applicants will be expected to attend the entire showcase selection process.
Term of Service
• 3 days, normally held in October
• Appointed in Sept prior to Oct selection meeting
National Lecture Showcase Selection Coordinator
NACA Office Liaison
Associate Services Manager