Monday, April 12, 2021
Assists with the NACA Foundation scholarship application review and selection process.
• Selects a committee comprised of two professional staff and one student (undergraduate or graduate).
o Trains all members of the committee.
o Disseminates scholarship applications and collects all decisions from the committee members.
o Serves as a tie breaker.
o Sends overall recommendation on behalf of the committee to the national office.
o Responsible for reporting quarterly to the Foundation Board of Trustees.
o Sends reminders to the committee about their selections prior to the deadline and/or follow up with them if selections have not been received.
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with event and program initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• Knowledge and understanding of the NACA Foundation and its scholarships is required.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
Term of Service
• Two Year
• May 1st – April 30th
NACA Office Liaison
Meeting and Event Coordinator
Cultivating a Sense of Belonging
Experiential Leadership Learning
Intentionality in Student Learning
Networking & Business Relationships
Policy Knowledge, Development & Management
Recruitment and Retention