Friday, April 17, 2020
Assists with the NACA Foundation scholarship application review and selection process.
Selects a committee comprised of two professional staff and one student (undergraduate or graduate).
· Trains all members of the committee.
· Disseminates scholarship applications and collects all decisions from the committee members.
· Serves as a tie breaker.
· Sends overall recommendation on behalf of the committee to the national office.
. Responsible for reporting quarterly to the Foundation Board of Trustees
. Sends reminders to the committee about their selections prior to the deadline and/or follow up with them if selections have not been received.
· Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Actions Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members
The Scholarship Selection Committee Chair must be a full time professional staff member at an NACA member institution.
· The Scholarship Selection Committee Chair must have approval from and support of their institution prior to appointment to the position (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
· If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Office and National Volunteer Development Coordinator must be informed of this change and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of hiring.
· Knowledge and understanding of the NACA Foundation and its scholarships is required
Zoom conference call platform will be provide by NACA as requested and access to Wufoo applications.
Term of Service
· Two year term
· May 1st - April 30th
Scholarship Selection Committee
NACA Office Liaison
Executive Assistant to the Executive Director