National Volunteer Positions: NACA® Live Area Lead - Professional Staff Educational Experiences
Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Professional Staff Educational Experiences Area Lead focuses specifically on the experience of the campus based professional.
• Participates in regular calls/meetings with the NACA® Live Chair and NACA® Live team.
• Develops professional development opportunities based on the NACA® Core Competencies
• Creates list of potential Professional Development Luncheon speakers along with the planning team and liaison from the Education Advisory Group.
• Works with the NACA Office in securing featured speakers, Professional Development Luncheon speaker and Diversity Speaker.
• Works with the NACA Office to raise awareness and promote learning labs.
• Attends onsite planning team meeting the day prior to the convention.
• Participates in training calls for position and all positions for which supervision is exercised.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to NACA policies and procedures, as well as other applicable laws and regulations.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant Strategic Plan objectives are integrated with convention initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Must be a full-time staff member at a member institution (Note: if the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be an NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Office, Chair of the Board, National Volunteer Development Coordinator must be informed of this change and the letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of hiring.)
• Must have served as a previous member of the National Convention Program Committee or a regional conference program committee;
• Must have approval from and support of their institution prior to applying for the position (Note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
The association support will be determined by the NACA office.
Term of Service
January - February of the following year
Chair of NACA® Live
NACA® Live team members
NACA Office Liaison
Education and Development Coordinator