- Category: National Volunteer Positions
Saturday, December 1, 2018
Coordinates a marketing plan, in conjunction with the NACA Office for the Convention as a whole as well as individual aspects.
• Participates in regular calls/meetings with the NACA® Live Chair and NACA Live team.
• In conjunction with NACA Office, creates a marketing plan for all individual aspects of NACA® Live.
• Shares established print deadlines with the NACA® Live team.
• Serves as a liaison with the NACA Office and NACA® Live team regarding all marketing.
• Along with the NACA® Live Chair, devises a marketing plan to increase attendance. Goals for attendance should reflect the NACA budget requirements. The Coordinators goal should be at or above budget goals.
• Develop and engage in direct marketing through social media platforms in efforts to increase attendance.
• Works with the NACA office to determine what aspects of program planning can be used to market the event.
• Submits special announcements and content to the NACA Office for promotion in the Spotlight® newsletter and National Convention Program.
• Attends the onsite planning team meeting the day prior to the convention.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to NACA policies and procedures, as well as other applicable laws and regulations.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant Strategic Plan objectives are integrated with convention initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members
• Must be a full-time staff member at a member institution (Note: if the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be an NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Office, Chair of the Board, National Volunteer Development Coordinator must be informed of this change and the letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of hiring.)
• Must have served as a previous member of the National Convention Program Committee or a regional conference program committee;
• Must have approval from and support of their institution prior to applying for the position (Note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
The association support will be determined by the NACA office.
Term of Service
November - February of the following year
Chair of NACA® Live
NACA® Live team members
NACA Office Liaison
Director of Marketing and Communication