Tuesday, June 1, 2021
To assist the assigned Leadership Fellow in acclimation into NACA and the field of higher education.
• Attend NACA® Live and, if possible, the NACA conference their assigned Leadership Fellow is attending.
• Assist the assigned Leadership Fellow in developing a presentation for at least one education session at each event.
• Assist the assigned Leadership Fellow in developing an article for Campus Activities Programming Magazine or a proposal for the Journal of Campus Activities Practice and Scholarship.
• Participate in regular conference calls with the Leadership Fellows Coordinator, mentors and fellows.
• Communicate at least monthly with the assigned Leadership Fellow.
• Serve as an information resource for the fellow.
• Attend the Professional Development Luncheon with your Fellow. (encouraged, not required)
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with event and program initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution who has been in the field five years or more.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
Term of Service
• July 1st– Nov 30th of the following year.
NACA Office Liaison
• Education and Research Manager
Cultivating a Sense of Belonging
Experiential Leadership Learning
Intentionality in Student Learning
Networking & Business Relationships
Recruitment and Retention
Volunteer & Staff Management