- Category: National Volunteer Positions
Friday, May 10, 2019
General members of the NACA NEXT Advisory Board will work collaboratively to increase usage of the NACA NEXT tool across member institutions so as to more intentionally assess student learning and development, specifically related to employability skills and involvement in campus activities; will work to further develop the tool itself and its applicability for member institutions; will provide updated scholarly work related to data generated from the tool; and report findings and other data on an annual basis.
● Participate in monthly conference calls
● Promote NACA NEXT tool to the NACA membership; assist with developing marketing and outreach material to increase NACA NEXT usage
● Update NACA NEXT tool/platform for advanced data analysis and usability
● Develop annual report regarding NACA NEXT (include report in ENCORE and/or in the fall issue of JCAPS)
● Participate in meetings and presentations at regional conference and national conventions, as available.
● Members of the NACA® NEXT Advisory team must be full-time professional staff or faculty members at NACA member institutions who have a campus activities and/or career services background
● Members must have an interest in data analysis
● Must have basic knowledge of NACA® NEXT and ability to utilize assessment tool at a minimum level.
● Members should have a record of participating in collaborative efforts, with particular skill in research and assessment
The NACA® NEXT Advisory Board will receive support from the NACA Education and Research Coordinator who will do the following:
● Schedule conference calls and meetings for the group.
● Actively participate in meetings, being sure to communicate forthcoming strategic initiatives coming out of Education and Research at the national office.
● Communicate regional conference and convention needs and requests to appropriate volunteers and office staff (i.e., meeting rooms, education session slots, AV needs, etc.).
Term of Service
● Two year term
● May 1st-April 30th
● Member(s) of the Research and Scholarship Group will chair the NACA® NEXT Advisory Board and will serve as a liaison amongst the members of RSG, JCAPS and the advisory board membership
NACA Office Liaison
Education and Research Coordinator