General members of the NACA® NEXT Advisory Board will work collaboratively to increase usage of NACA® NEXT across member institutions so as to more intentionally assess student learning and development, specifically related to employability skills and involvement in campus activities; will work to further develop the tool itself and its applicability for member institutions; will provide updated scholarly work related to data generated from the tool; and report findings and other data on an annual basis.
• Attends group calls as scheduled.
• Promotes the NACA® NEXT platform to the NACA membership.
• Assists with developing marketing and outreach material to increase NACA® NEXT usage.
• Updates NACA® NEXT platform for advanced data analysis and usability.
• Develops annual report regarding NACA NEXT (include report in ENCORE and/or in the fall issue of JCAPS).
• Participates in meetings and presentations at NACA conferences and NACA Live, as available.
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with event and program initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution with a background in campus activities and/or career services.
• Must have an interest in data analysis.
• Must have basic knowledge of NACA® NEXT and ability to utilize assessment tool at a minimum level.
• Members should have a record of participating in collaborative efforts, with particular skill in research and assessment.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• The NACA Education and Research manager will schedule conference call and meeting for the group.
• The NACA Education and Research Manager will actively participate in meetings, being sure to communicate forthcoming strategic initiatives coming out of Education and Research at the national office.
• The NACA Education and Research Manager will communicate NACA conferences and NACA Live needs and request to appropriate volunteers and office staff (i.e., meeting rooms, education session slots, AV needs etc.)
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
Term of Service
• Two Year
• May 1st – April 30th of the second following year.
NACA Office Liaison
Education and Research Manager
Cultivating a Sense of Belonging
Experiential Leadership Learning
Intentionality in Student Learning
Networking & Business Relationships
Policy Knowledge, Development & Management
Recruitment and Retention
Volunteer & Staff Management