Monday, April 12, 2021
The individuals who work with the National Volunteer Development Coordinator make up the team that moves NACA forward in forming sound volunteer management practices.
• Actively assists in the recruitment of volunteers for all roles within the Association.
• Encourages the recruitment and selection of volunteers from among new members and underrepresented ethnicities.
• Ensures that recruitment and selection processes are fair and consistent for all Association volunteer roles.
• Will serve as liaison on various volunteer committees/teams
• Will serve on volunteer selection teams as needed.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association, both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with event and program initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
• Volunteers selected for this role will oversee one or more of the following areas of responsibility in coordination with the National Volunteer Development Coordinator:
• Develop framework for volunteer trainings.
• Identify and offer suggestions on ways in which volunteers can be recognized to the NACA Office.
• Will work with the NACA Office to coordinate and plan Inspire Live. Inspire Live is the Association’s annual volunteer celebration and Achievement Awards ceremony that is held at NACA Live.
Evaluation, Assessment and Feedback
• Determine a process for assessing the culture of volunteerism and implement assessment.
Recruitment and Selection
• Review the application and selection process.
• Experience with volunteer management in NACA, on your campus or with other associations/organizations is preferred but not required.
• Volunteer experience with NACA required. This could include regional or national volunteer roles.
• Must be able to participate on regular biweekly Zoom calls.
• Other meetings/projects may require time outside of scheduled meetings within subgroups to achieve the goals of the NVDT.
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
Term of Service
• Two Years
• May 1st – April 30th
NACA Office Liaison
Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services
Cultivating a Sense of Belonging
Experiential Leadership Learning
Intentionality in Student Learning
Policy Knowledge, Development & Management
Recruitment and Retention
Volunteer & Staff Management