Assists with the NACA Foundation scholarship application review and selection process.
• Reviews and recommends scholarship recipients.
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with event and program initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
• Member must be an undergraduate student or a graduate student at an NACA member institution.
• Knowledge and understanding of the NACA Foundation and its scholarships is required.
• You must be available during the summer break and other school holidays.
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
Term of Service
• Two Years
• May 1st – April 30th
NACA Office Liaison
Meeting and Event Coordinator
Experiential Leadership Learning
Intentionality in Student Learning
Networking & Business Relationships
Policy Knowledge, Development & Management
Recruitment and Retention