Monday, August 17, 2020
The National Graduate Intern Mentor will be assigned a Graduate Intern and convey the importance of professional development through volunteering with NACA and in their career.
• Communicates at least monthly with Graduate Interns.
• Schedules informal times to interact with the Graduate Intern (Note: at least two informal times should be scheduled at NACA Live).
• Provides insight and counsel into the student activities profession.
• Participates as a co-presenter with the Graduate Intern in an educational session for the NACA® Live Event.
• Encouraged to attend the Professional Development Luncheon with your Graduate Intern.
• Attends introductory meeting during the first day of NACA® Live.
• Encouraged to attend the following: Volunteer Recognition and Achievement Celebration, Board of Directors and Past Board Chairs networking and Q&A reception.
• Participates in training and planning calls as scheduled.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives, and relevant Strategic Plan objects are integrated with NACA® Live initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action’s Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Must have be a full-time professional in the field.
• NACA Membership is required.
• The Institutional support letter for the volunteer applications is required when applying for the position (Note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
• Attendance is required for the duration of the NACA® Live Event).
Association support for attending the NACA® Live Event is not provided for this volunteer position. The National Graduate Intern Mentor will be responsible for their own expenses (i.e. travel, registration, PDL ticket, etc.)
Term of Service
Sept 15th - February 28
NACA Office Liaison
Education and Development Coordinator