- Category: National Volunteer Positions
Monday, July 2, 2018
The National Graduate Intern Mentor will be assigned a Graduate Intern and convey the importance of professional development through volunteering with NACA and in their career.
• Communicates at least twice monthly with their Graduate Interns.
• Attend monthly professional development calls with the Graduate Interns and Graduate Intern Coordinator.
• Schedules informal times to interact with the Graduate Intern (Note: at least two informal times should be scheduled at Convention).
• Provides insight and counsel into the student activities profession.
• Participates as a co-presenter with the Graduate Intern in an educational session for the National Convention.
• Encouraged to attend the Professional Development Luncheon with your Graduate Intern.
• Attends introductory meeting during the first day of Convention.
• Participates in training and planning calls as scheduled.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant Strategic Plan objectives are integrated with convention initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Actions Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
NACA membership is required.
The Institutional support letter for the volunteer application is required when applying for the position (Note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
Attendance is required for the duration of the National Convention.
Association support for attending the National Convention is not provided for this volunteer position.
The National Graduate Intern Mentor will be responsible for paying their own expenses (i.e. travel, registration, PDL ticket, etc.)
Term of Service
July– Feb 28th
Graduate Intern Coordinator
NACA Office Liaison
Education and Development Coordinator