- Category: National Volunteer Positions
Friday, July 28, 2017
In support of the values embodied in the NACA® Diversity Statement, the purpose of the Diversity Advisory Group (DAG) chair is to oversee the Diversity Advisory Group, support its initiatives, and ensure that all activities are aligned with its mission, which is to guide diversity and inclusion initiatives for the association; to monitor the progress of volunteer groups, partners, and office staff involved in the delivery of diversity and inclusion initiatives; and to engage in special initiatives that promote advisor development.
• Work with Director of Education and Research, BOD Liaison, and the Chair-Elect to develop meeting agendas that advance the mission of DAG and NACA.
• Facilitate DAG meetings and conference calls.
• Work with the Director of Education and Research and the Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services to fill open volunteer positions for DAG within the guidelines established by the National Volunteer Development Team.
• Manage the work of the group by designating sub-committees and small work groups to achieve key tasks.
• Represent DAG at NACA events and meetings as available. (Note: While there are benefits related to on-site participation during live events, NACA recognizes it is not always financially feasible for its members.)
• The Chair of DAG must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience at the director level or higher.
• Applicants must meet all the qualifications for a general member of the Diversity Advisory Group.
• Applicants must demonstrate the ability to lead team efforts either through previous NACA or other higher education volunteer leadership roles or through their work on campus.
• Applicants must have two letters of recommendation from a supervisor or colleague who is familiar with their diversity and inclusion efforts.
• The Chair must have approval and support from her/his institution prior to appointment to the position. (Note: Support is defined as financial support, support for time out of the office, etc.)
• If the Chair of DAG changes jobs during the position and wishes to continue in the position, her/his new institution must also be an NACA member school and her/his supervisor must provide a statement of support. The NACA Office and National Volunteer Development Coordinator must be informed of this change, and the letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of hiring.
The Chair will receive support from the Director of Education and Research, who will do the following:
• Actively participate in meetings, being sure to communicate forthcoming strategic initiatives coming out of Education and Research at the national office.
• Communicate regional conference and convention needs and requests to appropriate volunteers and office staff (i.e., meeting rooms, education session slots, AV needs, etc.).
• Post resource information in NACA® Connect.
• Schedule conference calls and other meetings.
Term of Service
• One-year term starting in August
NACA Office Liaison
• Chair provides supervision of all general members and chair-elect.
NACA Office Liaison
Director of Education and Research