- Category: National Volunteer Positions
Friday, March 23, 2018
Members of the Live Events Action Group will provide guidance and direction in the planning and execution of all live events to include the National Convention and regional conferences. Members will ensure the structure and content of NACA’s events are aligned with the association’s mission and responsive to the diverse needs of the membership.
• Participate in two half day Design Lab trainings in Columbia, SC
• Attend regularly scheduled meeting calls (schedule TBA)
• Attend the 2019 and 2020 National Conventions
• Attend other NACA events as required (TBA)
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to NACA policies and procedures, as well as other applicable laws and regulations.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Actions Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Previous attendance at minimum one (1) regional conference and/or National Convention
• Must be a full-time staff member at a member institution. (Note: if the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be an NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Office, Chair of the Board, National Volunteer Development Coordinator must be informed of this change and the letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of hiring.)
• Must have approval from and support of their institution. (Note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
• NACA will provide registration, lodging, travel and per diem for the following:
o 2019 National Convention 2019
o 2020 and 2021 National Convention to be determined
o 2020 Regional Conferences (one LEAG member to attend each region)
• Design Lab training and expenses (every other year)
Term of Service
• 3 year term beginning January 1 - December 31*.
• *Preliminary work group will be tentatively selected by April 2018 with staggered terms. The first group would have a term ending December 2021`
NACA Office Liaison
Director of Member Development and Services