- Category: National Volunteer Positions
Monday, May 1, 2017
In support of the mission of NACA, the purpose of the Education Advisory Group (EAG) is to establish the educational priorities for the association; to monitor the progress of volunteer groups, partners, and office staff involved in the delivery of the educational program; and to engage in special initiatives that promote student learning and staff development.
• Stay abreast of trends and issues in campus activities and higher education.
• Serve as liaisons to the Regional Conference Planning Committee, the National Convention Planning Committee, Institute Volunteers, the Diversity Action Group, the Research and Scholarship Group, the National Volunteer Development Team, and other volunteer groups involved in the delivery of the educational program.
• Work with Director of Education and Research and key volunteer leaders to conduct program reviews and make recommendations for improving educational offerings.
• Conduct focus groups and other assessment/evaluation activities to determine the educational and professional development needs and interests of NACA® members.
• Initiate and implement special projects that enhance educational offerings.
• Develop resources and tools that assist members with program development.
• Review education policies and make recommendations to the Board of Directors
• Participate in bi-weekly conference calls, meetings during the National Convention, called meetings, and sub-committees and workgroups.
• Applicant must be a full-time professional staff member at a NACA® member institution and have a minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in campus activities.
• Applicant must also have served in at least two volunteer positions with the association and attended at least three NACA® events in the last 5 years (e.g., Regional Conference, National Convention, Summer Institute).
• Applicant must have a comprehensive knowledge of trends and issues in campus activities, as demonstrated through graduate education, professional development, attendance at national student affairs conferences, and/or diverse job experiences within campus activities and student affairs.
• Applicant must have approval and support from institution prior to appointment to the position. (Note: Support is defined as financial support, support for time out of the office, etc.)
• If applicant is selected for the position, changes jobs during the position and wishes to continue in the position, her/his new institution must also be an NACA member school and her/his supervisor must provide a statement of support. The NACA Office and National Volunteer Development Coordinator must be informed of this change, and the letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of hiring.
General Members will receive support from the Director of Education who will do the following:
• Regularly communicate with BOD liaison to develop and plan meetings.
• Actively participate in meetings, being sure to communicate forthcoming strategic initiatives coming out of Education and Research at the national office.
• Communicate regional conference and convention needs and requests to appropriate volunteers and office staff (i.e., meeting rooms, education session slots, AV needs, etc.).
• Post meeting materials and resource information in NACA® Connect.
• Schedule meetings and post agendas.
Term of Service
• Two year term
• Starting June 1 – April 30th
Chair of the Board of Directors
NACA Office Liaison
Dr. Telesia Davis