- Category: National Volunteer Positions
Saturday, July 28, 2018
In support of the values embodied in the NACA® Diversity Statement, the purpose of the Diversity Advisory Group (DAG) chair-elect is to shadow the Diversity Advisory Group Chair, work with Marketing and Communications at the NACA® office to market and promote DAG initiatives, and to assist the Chair with projects and tasks.
• Participate in DAG meetings and conference calls, including team lead meetings with DAG Chair, BOD Liaison, and NACA® Office Liaison.
• Assist the DAG chair with projects and tasks as needed.
• Represent DAG at NACA events and meetings as available. (Note: While there are benefits related to on-site participation during live events, NACA recognizes it is not always financially feasible for its members.)
• The Chair-Elect of DAG must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience at the director level or higher.
• Applicants must meet all the qualifications for a general member of the Diversity Advisory Group.
• Applicants must demonstrate the ability to lead team efforts either through previous NACA or other higher education volunteer leadership roles or through their work on campus.
• Applicants must have two letters of recommendation from a supervisor or colleague who is familiar with their diversity and inclusion efforts.
• The Chair-Elect must have approval and support from her/his institution prior to appointment to the position. (Note: Support is defined as financial support, support for time out of the office, etc.)
• If the Chair-Elect of DAG changes jobs during the position and wishes to continue in the position, her/his new institution must also be an NACA member school and her/his supervisor must provide a statement of support. The NACA Office and National Volunteer Development Coordinator must be informed of this change, and the letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of hiring.
The Chair will receive support from the Director of Education and Research, who will do the following:
• Regularly communicate with the Chair, Chair-elect and BOD Liaison to develop and plan meetings.
• Actively participate in meetings, being sure to communicate forthcoming strategic initiatives coming out of Education and Research at the National Office.
• Communicate regional conference and convention needs and requests to appropriate volunteers and office staff (i.e., meeting rooms, education session slots, AV needs, etc.).
• Schedule conference calls and other meetings.
Term of Service
• One-year term (with commitment to serve as Chair the following year)
• DAG Chair
NACA Office Liaison
Director of Education and Research