Monday, January 1, 2018
Facilitates all aspects of the National Convention Showcase Selection meeting process.
• Recommends appointments to the Showcase Selection Committee to the Volunteer Development Coordinator, Business Networks Coordinator and Chair of the National Convention Program Committee.
• Ensures there is a diverse group of showcases selected for the National Convention.
• Coordinates and oversees the voting and tracking process with support from the National Showcase Selection Team.
• Supervises the showcase selection process, as per printed policy, with support from the National Showcase Selection Team.
• Votes only in case of a tie. Upon request, notifies the appropriate associate member firms representing acts/artists not selected to showcase of the review round in which their act/artist was eliminated.
• Participates in convention planning team calls/meetings.
• Attends the onsite planning team meeting the day prior to the convention.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to NACA policies and procedures, as well as other applicable laws and regulations.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant Strategic Plan objectives are integrated with convention initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Actions Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Must be a full-time staff member at a member institution (note: if the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be an NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Office, Chair of the Board, National Volunteer Development Coordinator must be informed of this change and the letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of hiring.)
• Must have approval from and support of their institution prior to applying for the position (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
• Must not be a current or former employee or intern of an NACA associate member firm or agency, or plan to be employed by or be an intern for an NACA associate member firm or agency within the next fiscal year.
Receives support to attend National Convention Showcase Selection Meeting. NACA® Office will confirm any additional levels of support for pre-conference planning meetings.
Term of Service
• 13 month term
• Starting Feb 1 and ending on Feb 28
NACA Office Liaison
Associate Services Manager