- Category: National Volunteer Positions
Tuesday, March 5, 2019
Coordinates and supervises the National Convention Program Committee in direct consultation with the Chair of the Board of Directors and NACA Office.
• In conjunction with the NVDT Liaison, nominates a diverse and representative NACA® Live Team for appointment by the Chair of the Board of Directors.
• Create and execute a new strategic vision for the NACA® Live experience following the Maritz eight stages of a live event.
• Maintains regular communication between NACA Office staff, Chair of the Board of Directors, and team volunteers.
• Submits reports to the Board of Directors and publications as needed.
• Manages budget expenses and reports.
• Updates and maintains convention planning processes and documents.
• Creates list of potential National Convention keynote speakers in partnership with the NACA® Live – Education Area Lead.
• Ensures NACA® Live team abides by all association policies and procedures.
• Attends onsite planning team meeting the summer prior to the convention.
• Attends onsite planning team meeting the day prior to the convention.
• Participates in training calls as scheduled.
• In conjunction with the Chair of the Board of Directors, presides at NACA® Live activities and functions, sending letters of appreciation as needed, and undertakes other tasks as appropriate to NACA® Live program management.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant Strategic Plan objectives are integrated with NACA® Live initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to NACA policies and procedures, as well as other applicable laws and regulations.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Must be a full-time staff member at a member institution (Note: if the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be an NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Office, Chair of the Board, National Volunteer Development Coordinator must be informed of this change and the letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of hiring.)
• Must have served as a previous member of the National Convention Program Committee or a regional conference program committee;
• Must have approval from and support of their institution prior to applying for the position (Note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
The amount of association support will be determined by the NACA office
Term of Service
July - February
Chair of the Board of Directors
NACA® Live Team Members
NACA Office Liaison
Director of Member Development and Services