Tuesday, March 5, 2019
This volunteer position aides in the development of the Association’s annual program, NACA Live, working closely with the NACA Office and a team of volunteers.
• In conjunction with the NVDT Liaison, nominates a diverse and representative NACA® Live Team for appointment by the Chair of the Board of Directors .
• Leads NACA Live Team to create a robust and diverse educational program that aligns with NACA competencies.
• Leads NACA Live Team to engage with all attendees and bring NACA’s mission and vision to life
• Maintains regular communication between NACA Office staff and team volunteers.
• Creates list of potential Professional Development Luncheon speakers in partnership with the NACA® Live Professional Staff Educational Experiences Area Lead and the rest of the NACA® Live Team to provide to the NACA Office
• Ensures NACA® Live team abides by all association policies and procedures.
• Participates in training calls as scheduled.
• In conjunction with the Chair of the Board of Directors, presides at NACA® Live activities and functions, sending letters of appreciation as needed, and undertakes other tasks as appropriate to NACA® Live .
• Attends all regularly scheduled NACA Live meetings and conference calls.
• Assures that the Association’s Mission and Vision are reflected in the attendee experience by helping create an inclusive, hospitable environment where all attendees feel welcome and connected. This includes attending NACA Live event and meetings to set the tone for attendee engagement.
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with NACA Live initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Attends NACA Live.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.).
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
Term of Service
• March 1st – February 28th of the following year
NACA Office Liaison
• Experience and Events Director
Networking & Business Relationships
Policy Knowledge, Development & Management
Volunteer & Staff Management