- Category: National Volunteer Positions
Saturday, December 1, 2018
Coordinates diversity initiatives for NACA® Live
• Participates in regular calls/meetings with the NACA® Live Chair and NACA® Live team.
• Collaborates on programming and education competencies with the Chair of the Diversity Advisory Group (DAG).
• Develops and plans diversity activities for NACA® Live with input from the NACA® Live Team.
• Plans and hosts diversity networking activities in conjunction with the Leadership Fellows Program.
• Plans and hosts the Diversity Dance Party or similar program in conjunction with the Leadership Fellows Program.
• Creates diversity and inclusion opportunities throughout all aspects of NACA® Live.
• Creates list of potential speakers for the Diversity Speaker, in partnership with DAG.
• Utilizes the Leadership Fellows for the planning and implementation of diversity related activities at NACA® Live.
• Assists the Leadership Fellows in creating and implementing educational sessions,
• Works with the NACA office to provide the Diversity Guide and promote the guide during NACA® Live.
• Attends on-site planning team meeting the day prior to NACA® Live.
• Participates in training calls as scheduled.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to NACA policies and procedures, as well as other applicable laws and regulations.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant Strategic Plan objectives are integrated with NACA® Live initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Must be a full-time staff member at a member institution (Note: if the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be an NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Office, Chair of the Board, National Volunteer Development Coordinator must be informed of this change and the letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of hiring.)
• Must have served as a previous member of the National Convention Program Committee or a regional conference program committee;
• Must have approval from and support of their institution prior to applying for the position (Note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
The association support will be determined by the NACA office.
Term of Service
November - February of the following year
Chair of NACA® Live
NACA® Live team members
NACA Office Liaison
Director of Research and Education