National Volunteer Positions: NACA® Live Student Educational and Attendee Experiences Team Lead
Monday, January 4, 2021
Plans and executes NACA Live educational programs for undergraduate students.
• Participates in regular calls/meetings with the NACA® Live Chair and NACA® Live Team.
• Develops educational opportunities based on the NACA® Student Leadership Competencies.
• Helps to create new approaches to the educational components of NACA Live.
• Assists in the recruitment, review, and selection of education program proposals targeted to undergraduate students for the regional conference.
• Sits on the Education Review Team.
• Strongly encouraged to submit at least one educational program proposal for the conference.
• Attends all regularly scheduled NACA Live meetings and conference calls.
• Assures that the Association’s Mission and Vision are reflected in the attendee experience by helping create an inclusive, hospitable environment where all attendees feel welcome and connected. This includes attending NACA Live event and meetings to set the tone for attendee engagement.
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with NACA Live initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Attends NACA Live.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.).
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
Term of Service
• January 1st – February 28th of the following year.
NACA® Live Chair
NACA® Live Team Members
NACA Office Liaison
Education and Research
Cultivating a Sense of Belonging
Experiential Leadership Learning
Intentionality in Student Learning
Networking & Business Relationships